After Scaling and Root Planing
What to expect after Scaling and Root Planing:
- Your gums may be tender 1 to 3 days following treatment.
- Due to the removal of plaque and tartar near the gingiva (gums), your teeth may be slightly temperature sensitive.
- Be aware that your cheek, lip and possibly your tongue will be anesthetized. Do not bite your cheek, lip or tongue.
- Due to the possibility of your gums being tender, please refrain from eating hard foods for the first few days.
- Continue to maintain adequate oral hygiene (brushing and flossing).
**Good home care is essential to the healing and success of this procedure.**
- Following treatment, Listerine rinses will be helpful to the healing process.